1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V wiring question.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by pgoose, Apr 12, 2011.

1. pgoose

pgoose Junior Member

I recently bought a boss 9'2" V plow. The plow was manufactured in 2004 and has the SmartHItch 2 setup. I didn't receive any wiring of mount with the plow, but I do have the controller. I found a guy who has a mount and wiring for my truck (2000 F250). I purchased the mount, but I have a question about the wiring. The plow has a 13 pin connector, but the wiring this guy has is only 11? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Cmbrsum

Cmbrsum Senior Member

11 pin won't run your smart hitch, but will run everything else. However if you buy a 13 pin plug repair kit, you can get a diagram from the Boss page of what the other two wires do and wire them in really easy. I believe one goes to a ground, and the other goes to trigger you solenoid.

3. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I would hold out for a 13 pin harness......they seem easy to find in the off season. Course nothing would be more reliable then just getting a new harness.......you would get the added benefit of the dual burn for your headlights as well.

4. pgoose

pgoose Junior Member

Thanks for the input! What does dual burn mean?

5. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

When you put on your high beams, your low beams stay on as well........so you get twice the amount of light......love it.