1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V wings retracting HARD!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by FFD133, Dec 11, 2007.

1. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

When I go to put the wings back in the V position, they come back extremely fast and hard and rattles my whole truck. Any quick way to fix that so they don't slam back so fast/hard?

2. payton

payton Senior Member

sounds like your returns springs are tooo tight.. would be my first and main guess since the return isnt hydro there spring return.. hydro out.. spring return.. id check to see how tight the springs are..and loosen them accordingly till i found the sweet spot i was happy with.

payton

3. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

i bought my plow very cheap because of that very same thing. well actually the opposite but whos keeping score. the guy told me the wings wernt working right, one is slow and the other doesnt work at all! i told him id give him a couple hundred for the "junk plow" and a couple hundred for the truck haha. needless to say he accepted and even delivered it for me(i gave him an extra $50 to be fair). after it got dropped off i hooked everything up to the plow and noticed one of the springs wasnt hooked up which solves the one wing not working problem:dizzy: and the other spring just needed to be tightened up LOL

your springs too tight just loosen it up

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:rolleyes:Your proudly right:nod:

I tighten mine until the spring just starts to expand a little.
    About 3 businesses cards worth of a gap between coils

A lot of folks are not ready for the speed of a Boss.
    They think it should feel like shutting a door when a couple of hundred pounds of plow comes to a stop.;)

When you have been out plowing for a while you will like the speed and you will barley notice it hitting so hard.

5. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Hey don't quote me! Just kidding

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If the spring adjustment doesn't slow it down to you liking, you can get an orifice disc for inside the wing hose ports to slow them down..

Boss p/n: HYD07108

You'll need one for each wing.

7. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

I like the wings retrcting in a snap back manner . Keeps you awake.BANG

8. MadeintheShade

MadeintheShade Member

on mine theres a little allan screw on the back of the hydraulic assembly i tightened like 1/4 turn and it slowed it down enough to stop the loud banging

9. MadeintheShade

MadeintheShade Member

lol just realized this post was 3 years old

10. zjm

zjm Senior Member

:laughing::laughing::laughing:
    C'mon Guy:sleeping: