1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V will not V on passenger side

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TreffertLawnWrx, Oct 15, 2004.

1. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx Senior Member

Can here the pump engage but will not extend the wing. Not sure what to do. any help would be great. Also when looking at the seleniod block the bottom right selenoid(driver side) is leaking. Any hints on replacement and cost, my dealer is closed on weekends. Thank you for all replies, Scott

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Also check all your grounds. :waving:

4. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Also check the controller or the plug connections.

5. jr4x495

jr4x495 Junior Member

I had trouble with mine once it was in the connector inside the truck where it plugs in to the controller wiggled plug and its worked every since.

6. TreffertLawnWrx

thanks for the replies guys. I have yet to check the relays but I think it might be the valve (leaky) not opening. I am going to add a ground wire directly to the plow as well for a better connection. I will keep you posted.

Thanks again! Scott

7. TreffertLawnWrx

Ok, I added a ground to the pump still no go with the right wing. I then switched the selenoid connected to the blue wire, with the selenoid connected to the red (right out) wire and still the same result, the pump will engage but will not take the wing out. I had someone pull on the wing while I used the controller but no luck, however there is no restriction with the cyclinder when pulling on it. :( So I have determined that it must be in the valve block or perhaps the cyclinder is shot? Any insight would be great as always! Scott

8. snoking

snoking Senior Member

boss

take a light tester at thevalve while a buddy its the switch make sure you have power.
    if you dont, chech the control, you can poke the wire with the tester and see if you have power in the cab.
    if you have power at the valve, and its not working the valve is shot....30bucks
    if you have no power at the valve, and none in the wiring the take your controler apart and find your broken wire, or bad switch...cheap
    unless yolu have a touch pad.....300 big ones

9. TreffertLawnWrx

Thanks Erik,
    Im guessing my power from the controller (touchpad) to the valve is good because when I hit the wing out the pump does turn on with the urn, urn, urn sound. And I did switch selenoids with a different one and Im still getting the same result, so Im not sure if its that either but I will check real quick. Would there be anything in the valve block that could be wrong? Scott

10. snoking

snoking Senior Member

no your valve block is good.....

now its on to expensive stuff, pull your plug apart on front of truck and see if one of the terminals in corrodid...SPelling

and you could still have a bad button on the bad but id check your plug first

11. TreffertLawnWrx

thanks for the quick relply erik.

things i know:

added ground to pump

when i press the button on the pad the pump runs but the wing does not go out.

i switched selenoids with what i thought was the bad selenoid and still same sound.

checked wires at the pad and all are correct.

going to clean connector at both truck/plow side.

realized that with the red wire diconnected to selenoid that the pump will still run, but that lets me know that the selenoids should be good, I thought that it was getting power, but in reality when i press wing out on the pad it going to run the pump anyway. (does that make sense).

Ill go clean all those connections real quick! Scott

12. snoking

snoking Senior Member

ok
    cool.......

13. TreffertLawnWrx

still nothing, cleaned everything out with electrical cleaner but still nothing. any other ideas? thanks

14. snoking

snoking Senior Member

do you have power at valve?plug out side?

15. TreffertLawnWrx

power going into the harness, but no power out. I hooked up a single wire from the red wire before the harness directly to the selenoid with a seperate ground directly to the ground on the pump but still nothing.

16. TreffertLawnWrx

ok finally got it. I ran a new wire tapped into red before the truck harness directly to the valve and we had liftoff. However I am going to need to replace the truck side plug due to some meltage after further review. not going to be a fun chore but I have to do what I have to do.

otherwise I could run a seperate wire with its own terminals in each side of the plug instead of splicing all the wires. If anyone else has run into this senario please let me know of the outcome.

thanks again to Erik for all the help! Scott