1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V will go left and right but no up unless I wiggle stick and engage up

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Boogerman2000, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Boogerman2000

Boogerman2000 Junior Member

I have a 8.2 v plow and all of a sudden the thing will not lift. It will go left and right but to get it to go up I need to move the stick back a little and engage the rocker. Any ideas. I thought it was low on fluid so I added fluid and it did not help.

2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

if can you, swap controllers and see if thats your problem. Any controller (Straight or V) will make it go up or down.
  3. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Check your plow plugs and make sure all the leads are making good contact....
  4. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like an open connection in your joystick.Those wires in there are extremely small gauge.Check them + your connections of course.
  5. Boogerman2000

Boogerman2000 Junior Member

Got it fixed,,,you guys were right. The white wire coming down from the toggle for the up and down was split. Tore it apart and soldered it...Badabing...it worked.:mechanic: