1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V vs VXT?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by xtreem3d, Nov 21, 2011.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

I have a VXT on a truck and am looking at getting another Boss V ...just wondering if you guys notice any benefit at all , of the VXT vs a regular V. I don't drive the truck with the VXT ..that's why i don't know. I could save a few hundred dollars with a std V,
    Thanks,
    Steve

2. DaveCN5

DaveCN5 Senior Member

3. SNOMACHINE

SNOMACHINE Senior Member

we have 4 standard V's and 1 VXT. I notice the xt windrows the snow better by throwing the snow rather than rolling the snow and you can windrow deeper snow.wesport

4. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

We plow alot of subs and HOA's Which require us to windrow ALOT so the VXT helps throw the snow further than the regular V. On the regular V snow tends to just slide off the side of the blade but with the VXT it actually rolls it then throws it to what ever side you want.

Sounds like you should get a regular V

5. LUCKY 7

LUCKY 7 Senior Member

I'm told they don't hold as much snow when in scoop mode because of the wings being more open on the ends. They say when going across the lot it falls out the sides easier. Sounds like other than that they're great.

6. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

We have switched to all VXT's and love them !!!