1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss V vs fisher E-Z V

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by pipelayer, Jul 30, 2014.

1. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

looking at an rt3 boss v plow as well as a fisher e-z v, when I was at the fisher garage, I saw all the negative of the ezv plows, but from people who have run either or or both, or have made the switch from fisher to boss and vice versa, give me some perspective on these, I like the fact that I can pull up to any boss plow, as long as it is an rt3, this way I can switch plows with another truck or whatever. the versatility is nice, and I cant afford anything brand new, so fishers fleetflex is out. just looking for opinions. thanks
  2. Usedsnowplows

Usedsnowplows Inactive

Fleet flex is a nightmare !! Epic blunder on behalf of Douglas dynamics unless you have very deep pockets. Boss is the industry leader in compatibility from truck to truck, ease of wiring w/ the 13 pin harness. 13 harness w/ v controller will run any boss rt3 that will fit your mount v or straight plow. I've worked on & sold them all. Boss needs attention the least in my past experience.
  3. cwren2472

cwren2472 Member

The ez-v won't be fleet flex - it would either be 3 plug or 2 plug relay style
  4. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

I have 2, one is a 2005 and one is a 2010 RT3. Like you said I can put them on either truck.
    No complaints here, I would buy another one.