1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V vs. Boss V-XT

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Looking To Plow, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Looking To Plow

Looking To Plow Junior Member

Hi Guys. I'm putting a Boss Plow on my 07 F-350 Super Duty and am torn between the 8'2 Boss V plow and the V-XT. Haven't talked to anyone that has used the Boss XT and was wondering if anyone has used one that has also used The regular V? Any Feedback would be very much appreciated.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

First off go with the 9.2 v plow on that truck. If your doing roads then go for the xt it not no real difference

3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

The only real difference is the image of the XT, they look awesome. I have a 9'2 V XT and love it. They will throw snow a little bit more but not alot. If money is no issue, get the 9'2 V XT, but if money is an issue get the 9'2 regular V, like said above, you will like the 9'2 over the 8'2

4. Looking To Plow

Thanks for the feedback guys. My experience with a plow is very limited. My original thoughts on the 9'2 was that it might be a little bit cumbersome for some of the work that I'm doing. I have a few schools and a few average size commercial lots and then the rest is residential. I could definitely see the advantage of the extra foot for the schools and the commercial properties, but do you think that it would make it difficult for the residential properties? Thanks

5. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

I have the 9'2" xt and it's awesome.. the way it looks is not a factor for me as I have no customers to impress, but I can definately throw more snow higher and farther at lower speed when plowing my road.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not at all as thats the beauty of a vee. When you need maneuverability in tight spaces you can function the wings into whatever configuration you need for the space limitations. You can run a wider vee in the same conditions that would be considered cumbersome with a straight blade.

7. Looking To Plow

Thanks guys for all of your replies. It was a last minute decission that I had like 12hrs to make when I found out about it (the sale price expired on the 15th) I had to go on the road and wasn't able to check the site before I made the purchase. Looking at your replies now I might wish that I had gone with the 9'2 but as it stands I have gone with the 8'2. Thanks again your help is very much appreciated!!!

8. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

If your truck is a reg cab or short bed, you'll probably be fine, but if you could swap for the 9'2" some how, your truck would carry it like a champ.