1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V valve oring seals

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by j&b, Feb 10, 2011.

1. j&b

j&b Junior Member

Hi all
    I have a 20 year "OLD" Boss 8.2 RT conventional system. I still use it for residential drives.
    It has been going through seals on the valves. I use the same valve body as the RT-II system. I am referring to the HYD01637 valves also know as Hydra-force SV08-20s.

Boss doesn't list o-rings or seal kit for these separate, was wondering if anyone else knew of a source for these. Maybe the Western kit 49259 is for the same SV08 series valve but I can't verify that. Hydra-force seal kit number is SK08-2N-T

In past I have bought new valves at $80 each to get the "Boss" O-rings for these, I now have spare valves but... am tired of overpaying and collecting them. The o-rings I can get at the local Napa or hardware store do not hold up. I have had to replace them twice in one day. The last time I did it with new valves and seals it has lasted for a season but now leaking again.

By the way I am in Dillingham Alaska 350 miles west of Anchorage we are lucky to have 1 parts store in the area and no dealers. Closest is Anchorage a hour and half plane ride away.
    Need to find a source to order these seals...

Thanks Brian

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can buy the individual valve o-ring/backup rings kits all day long for $12 from Hyspecs.

Shouldn't be burning through o-rings like that though, sounds like you have something else going on.

3. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

SK08-2X-T seal kit saw this listed on pdf datasheet of SV08-20

4. j&b

j&b Junior Member

Thank you for the replys...

Hyspecs are in "New Zealand" and “Hydraulic Specialties” are in Australia. I could be wrong but I am afraid of the shipping time and cost.

Would really like to know if Western Plows use Hydraforce valves... if so the western kit 49259-1 would have the seals needed for the Boss SV08-20S valve along with some others I wouldn’t use but, a $18.50 kit with extra parts beats buying another valve to get the seals needed.

But the question is now only for reference.

Found a "Boss” Seal Kit, Hydraforce Valve V-Plow" MSC03715 $108.35 at Central Parts, It should be all the valve body seals... but where I am spare parts on the shelf means fixable now not next week after the order gets here, So it works.

I agree “something else is up” or I wouldn’t blow through them but I suspect I am still finding the “hardware store” replacements that are failing. Valve body was completely disassembled and “Cleaned” and o-rings that were available were replaced a few years ago. Since I started replacing valve’s to get the “Boss” seals the failures have slowed down considerably. Would have probably been better off to have reused the originals but…