1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V tripping to easy with Boss Wings

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by hairygary, Dec 6, 2010.

1. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

I put Boss wings on my 8-2 V this year and am happy with them except for hopping and the trip springs tripping to easy in scoop.

Let me explain what I mean, I do some storage facilities and I often go forward and backwards in scoop repeatidly and when the plow is in the air in scoop it seems to bounce up and down alot more than it used to, obviously due to the extra weight at the end of the plow.

I am wondering if I adjust the nuts on the trip springs if that will help this from bouncing back and forth so much? Also is there any drawbacks to doing this?

And on a side note, I do understand this is probably hard on my front end leaving the plow in scoop while in the air and going back and forth, but I am just trying to speed the process up and take it easy on my hydraulics and alternator, as I could probably use a bigger alternator on this truck.

Thanks in advance for anybodys input.
  2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I would think that the added weight would justify a little tightening of the springs.

However, I can only imagine that keeping the plow in scoop in the air is accelerating the wear and tear of everything.
  3. White Knight

White Knight Member

The wings alone should speed up the snow removal process. Tightening the springs will work to a point but reduce the life of the spring. Recommended alternator output = 130 amps normal output = 90 – 110.