1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V snow flap ripped

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Grn_Mtn_Boy, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Grn_Mtn_Boy

Grn_Mtn_Boy Junior Member

My Boss Plow is new this year and I just notice after this last dumping that one of the bolts ripped through the center flap leaving it unattached on that corner. Is this common? Should this be replaced under warranty? Anybody have a better way of connecting the flap? Any tips on repairing this one?

photo.jpg

2. bradhow79

bradhow79 Member

ive never seen it bolted in the corners like that, we tap a hole in the center and use one bolt right in the middle
    Brad

3. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Get it replaced

Get it replaced first, BOSS should cover, then use only one bolt in the center

4. Grn_Mtn_Boy

Grn_Mtn_Boy Junior Member

It looks as though the mounting holes in the Plow were factory. Do you guys have any pictures of how you mount them?

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Take a piece of flat stock. the width of the top of the center section and then bend it upward slightly and have it vee outward. Something like this.

\_/ It will look like this on a side view _/ Bolt the flat piece to the top of the center section and then bolt the flap to the top part. Make sure to bolt the flap under the piece of steel so the steel wont dig into the rubber should the rubber want to move. I think this would work really well as the flap isn't going to move on that like it does on the wings. I have not tried this so I don't know if it would work or not. But I think it would.

6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I really wouldn't bug my dealer about warrenty on something that minor. Just remove those 2 bolts, and use 1 in the center and call it good.

7. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Mine's bolted the same way, haven't had a problem the 5 years its been on. Yours looks like it might be a little tight, I'll have to look at mine when I get home.

8. Dewey

Dewey Senior Member

I have done something similar I used part of a plastic type snow deflector cut in the shape of a Vee It worked great..... It did finally break a week ago I'm goin to make one out of lite steel to replace it...

9. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

I use the 2 holes that the springs go into. Works great for me. No new holes to drill either!

10. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

pictures please?

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

See I thought so. You just have to make it long enough so that part of the flap isn't so tight. How long did you have yours on?

12. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Why not

Why not, we pay a premium $ for these plows and options... dealer also makes a few bucks
    for the replacment....

Mine has a small tear in it, I plan on having it replaced before the season ends....

13. Pushin 2 Please

Pics coming soon. Can't download them from my phone. Having another member load them up for me.

14. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Great thanks

15. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Here is the pic of the boss plow snow deflector from Pushin 2 Please's truck.

Boss.jpg

16. Pushin 2 Please

Looks and is really to easy. Best part works perfect!

17. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

But that piece is longer than the one you get from boss. If boss were to give you a extra 4 inches or so then that'd be possible.

18. Pushin 2 Please

Yes it is. I make my own. Old conveyor belt and a razor blade.

19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Throw a very big washer in it and tighten it back down and call it a day. If its a little snug slot the hole a bit. I'd put a washer in the other side also.

20. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I have oictures on another post of "my new plow"