1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss v question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 03fordboss, Nov 13, 2012.

1. 03fordboss

03fordboss Member
    from Iowa

I hooked up my boss v for the first time this year to put on new cutting edges. While I was hooked up I noticed the wings would not retract without moving them forward ever so slightly first. Is this normal, I don't remember them doing that last year. Everything else works fine.
    Thanks

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Been sitting for awhile. Mine will do the same thing for the 1st time of the season when I pull it out

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That's because you don't grease the hinge pin.

4. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i have run into a issue with sticky valves but in most cases it went away. only replaced a small number. these were new plows btw.

5. grandview

It gets greased every other year when it goes in for service:D.

6. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Greasing any pivot point regularly can be compared to keeping your woman happy.If you don't,both the joint and the woman will S--Q--U--E--A--L.:laughing:And anybody that reads ANY kind of sexual inference here is 1 sick puppy!:D

7. grandview

I don't get it.

[​IMG]

8. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

What part don't you get? Blondie is cute.

9. 03fordboss

03fordboss Member
    from Iowa

Thanks guys. The hinge gets greased after it is washed after every snow. I will keep an eye on it the first snow and see if it comes out of it. If it doesn't can I clean the valves that are sticky or do I have to replace them?