1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V problem

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by elshauno, Feb 22, 2008.

1. elshauno

elshauno Member

I have an old style 8.5' Boss V plow.
    The left side wing would slowly retract back while driving.
    Now the left side wing won't do anything. The pump is trying to work making a obvious sound of trying to get the wing to extend out, Wing won't move.
    Please help.
    I was told that the reason for the wing retracting was maybe a small piece of debris in the valve. Could the same thing cause the wing to not extend?
    Like I said when I try to extend that side out, The pump makes a noise like it's trying but nothing happens.
    Thanks for your help guys. I need to plow right now.
    In about 10 min. I will start taking it apart.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

May have a contamination issue like you suspect. But it would have to be with both the L retract as well as the L extend valves both...which is definitely possible but I'd say one is contaminated and one has a coil or electrical issue in the wire to the coil.

Go ahead and pull both the L wing valves and clean them really good with brake clean & compressed air.

Since it wont even extend the wing check the extend valve for magnetism to be sure your wiring is good to the coil and that the coil itself is working.

3. elshauno

elshauno Member

As it turned out the coil wasn't working once we checked the wires we found out what was wrong. Thanks for the help though B & B :drinkup: