1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by butler L&S, Apr 4, 2002.

1. butler L&S

butler L&S Member

I'm having a problem putting the plow on the truck. After plowing the 7" we received on monday and tuesday I took the plow off the truck. Today I needed to move the plow and as I went to put it back on the truck the tower would not raise. The pump runs but the unit does not move. I checked the fluid level and it looks fine. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be. The plow is a 2001 Boss 8'2" V plow.

Butler

2. Winterworks

Winterworks PlowSite.com Veteran

We run into this problem quite frequently. Just add more fluid even if it looks ok. The towers can be raised by hand in an emergency as well.
    Pat

3. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

The toggle switch on the tower most likely has moisture in it - causing it to not make the switch in current. This happened to me several times.

Long-term fix is waterproof the backside of the switch.

Short-term is to pour hot water on it or push like hell. I like hot water.