1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V Plow ?????

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by kcsnowplow, Feb 6, 2010.

1. kcsnowplow

kcsnowplow Junior Member
    from Kansas

I plow with a 8.5 Meyer V plow, just wondering is there a way to lock a boss plow up in case you have a something that breaks and you need to take it back to the shop. With my meyer you just push it up into a snowbank and lower the chain. I am interest in a new boss v plow just wondering if something like this could be done.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Type the phrase "short chain" into the search box. It's gets explained about 20 times a month so you'll find plenty of answers..
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Search for "ratchet strap" too. Go to advanced search and put my user name in.
  4. kcsnowplow

kcsnowplow Junior Member
    from Kansas

ok thanks that answers my ?
  5. Matt400

Matt400 Senior Member

Its only cuz they are tired of typing it over & over, can't blame em for that especially when they both are such a great source of info. With the Boss you do the same as your Meyer except instead of short chain you toss a strap around it to hold it up.