1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V-plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jsydow, Oct 4, 2004.

1. jsydow

jsydow Junior Member

I have 87 2500 GMC with an 8'2" V-plow with a 2 inch lift that I had to put on the front to clear the tires. The dealer told me boss does not make a mount that drops down any farther. Has anyone ever lowered one of these mounts, and if so how. Even with the plow all the way down when In the V it will not sit flat. Thus not clearing all the [/COLOR] snow![/COLOR] :help:

from USA

DON'T DO IT -

Drop the truck back down, Boss has strict ISO 9000 / 01 guidelines the company must keep in order to be certified as an ISO company. I've worked in an ISO company and there is no way they would sell odd ball things like that. After-market maybe, but you'll probably end up in a weld shop if you go through with it.

Just my .09 cents worth....
  3. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

If your mount is like the Boss mounts on my trucks , I think you could weld extensions on the side plates to drop the center beam lower.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2004
  4. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I'll try to get pix of my setup tonight.... not sure how well it will show up as EVERTHING is black under there! lol

Mind you, my mount was made from a Ford F350 mount, but the concept would be the same....

Whatever you do, its gotta be BEEFY! By making the mount longer you are increasing the stresses EXPONENTIALLY!

5. wakesetter2001

wakesetter2001 Member

It should work, I mounted a 7'6" Boss V on a 91 GMC with a 4" lift. The mounting kit was off of a older style Chevy. You just have to make sure the main support beam is set to the correct height( I think it is 12 1/2" to the center of the pins on mine) and make sure every thing is done on a level floor so you can level and center the beam. Then I added two more braces that go back to the frame for extra support do to the longer drop. I used it all last year with zero problems. Remember Measure 3 times cut once!!!!!!