1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V-plow won't move

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mags11, Mar 11, 2014.

1. mags11

mags11 Junior Member

I have power to the plow.
    all lights work.
    plow will move into the v position.
    solenoid- when hit button on control have power to wire that goes to the plow.

when i connected the plow it sparked when the two frames met.
    -which tells me the positive wire was touching the frame. moved the wires around to look for a frayed wire and didn't see any. so unhooked the plow and reconnected and it didn't spark.

How do I test the relay's?
    Is there an inline fuse somewhere that I blew?

any ideas....... Thanks so so much

2. mags11

mags11 Junior Member

Think i have narrowed it down to a relay......
    anyone know which on does what/ is there a good way to test them???

3. mags11

mags11 Junior Member

I have NO power to the motor.... Relay? which one?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  4. mags11

mags11 Junior Member

:mechanic:
    Ok, sometimes you need to read your own posts...

For the future " What was I thinking, when I thought that" (ie:me) out there...

I didn't have power to the motor, so an hour after looking at everything but the obvious I ran power straight from the solenoid to the motor and it worked. The connection at the truck to plow plug has a bad connection.

Hey, it's late and we have 6"-10" that's getting here in 6 hours. Give me a break.

5. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

If you have sparks at the plow frame when hooking up, you have a bad ground. Clean and tighten the main power plug connections at the battery and at the connector at the bumper. Spreading the male plugs SLIGHTLY usually works.

6. mags11

mags11 Junior Member

would the bad ground be from the faulty plug... or more likely the on the truck?
    Like the positive had a good connection and the bad connection was on the ground side of the plug.

7. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Could be either, but I'd work on the plug first.