1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V plow wing issues

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by turfcarelawns, Feb 25, 2015.

1. turfcarelawns

turfcarelawns Member

My boss v plow wing won't go out every time. We can here the pump pushing but wing won't move. when we push both out buttons at the same time it will work. And sometimes it just works in its own. Is this a ground issue or is the valve going bad. The left wing works great and so does up and down.

Crazy thing is it happened to both of my boss v plow's on the same night.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

First thing that comes to mind is, the controller.

you can always pull the cover and check your connections, and the plug.

3. turfcarelawns

turfcarelawns Member

If the controller was bad would the motor still try and work? I switched the left and right valves and it stuck a few times.

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

If the problem fallowed the valve then I'd blame the valve/or o-ring

At times, a bad o- ring can cause a valve problem,

Motor running and no signal at the valve then ,
    I'd look at the plug then the controller .

5. ShaneysLawnCare

ShaneysLawnCare Senior Member

Sounds like the wing solenoid is going bad and sticking under the pump cover they are like $22 one way to test is the up and down and left and right are all the same try switching them around. if it starts working and the other stops thats your issue

6. turfcarelawns

turfcarelawns Member

I will check the wing solenoid

7. ShaneysLawnCare

How old is the plow also?

8. turfcarelawns

turfcarelawns Member

plow is an 08 i believe. the smart hitch 2. maybe a dumb question but where is that wing solenoid?

9. turfcarelawns

turfcarelawns Member

Is that considered the valve?

10. ShaneysLawnCare

Right under that plastic!
    and it should be solenoid

18497_10153199044011834_7650865455176946355_n.jpg

11. ShaneysLawnCare

Its called
    HYD01638
    COIL,HYDRAULIC VALVE (12V SYSTEM) SAE#8

or its

HYD07030
    COIL,HYDRAULIC VALVE (12V SYSTEM) SAE#10

they are just two different sizes

12. turfcarelawns

turfcarelawns Member

I switched the right to left coil hydro valves already.

PowerVRT3SmartHitch2HydraulicsManifold.gif

13. ShaneysLawnCare

You switched those and still nothing? is that little screen plugged?

14. turfcarelawns

turfcarelawns Member

after i switched them the right wing only stuck once. I just pushed both outs and it worked again. It is running really slow now tho. Levels are good. But the left wing works great with the right valve.

15. ShaneysLawnCare

Get new Coil's and then there is an adjustment screw with a set screw in the middle on the back of the pump assembly just losten "jam nut" and turn out set screw 1/4 turn
    I would recommend changing your fluid at same time. also what is the out side air temperature or are you working in shop?

16. turfcarelawns

turfcarelawns Member

Im thinking I'll just pick up some extra vlaves just in case it happens again where I can't get it out. My 9'2" is really stuck I may just switch that out completely. So if the pump is pushing and the wing wont budge it's more than likely that coil valve?

17. ShaneysLawnCare

The coil sounds like it is junk, and is the pump motor stuck on or does that go off and if the pump is not on try pushing the wing against something hard to get the relief valve to give out and bring the wing back

18. turfcarelawns

turfcarelawns Member

During the storm that stopped working it was 31 degrees. Today it was 27 outside didn't drive to the shop to work on it cause it was "warm" outside.

19. turfcarelawns

turfcarelawns Member

Pump goes off when I release button. I did try putting the wing on a ice chunk and backed up, as soon as the wing came off the ice chunk the wing would slam back. While it was going bad I had to put the front of the wing on a pile to give it pressure than push the controller for wingout, that worked for a bit till it completely stopped.

20. ShaneysLawnCare

The just sounds like bad coil and yes it would slam back due to no fluid flowing into the cylinder