1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V-Plow Shoes

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BuckeyeESPN, Jan 24, 2007.

1. BuckeyeESPN

BuckeyeESPN Member
    from Ohio

I am trying to find out the best way to use the plow for lots and concrete. I want to get a clean cut on the surface for snow removal but with the shoes on it seems not to work. I also do not know how to remove or move the center shoe up. Please help me out..

thanks

2. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

I still have my shoes on. I know some guys run without them. I do however have them set so that the blade is basically set on the ground. The center shoes is mounted on the plow the same as the others, and I believe I just had the plow in the scoop position, lifted off the ground when I adjusted them. Hope that is of some help!

3. BuckeyeESPN

BuckeyeESPN Member
    from Ohio

I know.. But the center one is covered and I can reach the top of the shoe to move it up like the two side ones.. How do I reach it to move it up?

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Raise the plow and put a jack stand under so the don't fall on you .Have the plow in scoop and get on you back and look under the center shoe.There's a cotter pin holding it pull the pin and it slides out with the washers.

5. payton

payton Senior Member

upgrade to the new style cutting edge..

or get your gringer out and start grinding the hoof away.

if you try and run down the road and wear it flat you take the chance at ripping it off. dont ask how i know.

6. BuckeyeESPN

BuckeyeESPN Member
    from Ohio

Thanks... I am thinking about upgrading to the new cutting blade. I just need to move it up a little bit for not so I get a clean cut on my lots.Thanks..

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

• When plowing in dirt or gravel, lower the plow shoes. This will raise the blade so you don't scrape the surface away. When plowing on asphalt or concrete, raise or remove the plow shoes so that you scrape as close to the surface as possible.

The center shoe can be a PITA. lol
    Like Grandview mentioned use a jack stand and look under the plow.
    You can barley see the pin that holds it on.
    The new edges are a nice addition.

8. payton

payton Senior Member

ive got an extra 8'2" new style cutting edge for sale if your intersted.

payton

9. Realdealoo8

Realdealoo8 Member

Payton if buckeyeESPN does not want that new edge i might. Let me know what you got to get for it.

10. payton

payton Senior Member

150 plus shipping..

payton

11. BuckeyeESPN

BuckeyeESPN Member
    from Ohio

Does it have the curb guard on it? Does that include both sides for the V-plow?

12. payton

payton Senior Member

yes its got the curb gaurd. plus the center puck delete.

its only one side.
    they shipped the wrong one to me and wanted me to pay for shippin to return it. so i told them to shove it.

so ive only got the spare for the drivers side.

payton