1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V-Plow Rt3 with Smarthitch 2

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BigDawg99, Mar 23, 2015.

1. BigDawg99

BigDawg99 Junior Member

I inherited a Boss Vplow from my father inlaw who passed away and i am have some issues with the plow..the plow will lower and wings will come in..But cant get it to raise with the controller or get the wings to expand out..i am able to raise and expand the wings if i jump the solenoid..once i jump the solenoid..the plow will raise and wings will expand..Hydraulic Fluid is Full and wiring from the wiring diagram looks to be alright..can anyone help me with my problem..Live in Northern NB Canada and we have bee hit with a ton of snow..need my plow to work...

Firefighter 19..( Captain )
  2. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

If jumping the solenoid makes it work you've answered your own question. Check the signal wire to the solenoid. If that's good replace the solenoid. Solenoid isn't needed for non pressure functions such as drop or retract wings.