1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V-plow RT3 older style

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by satman29, Oct 20, 2006.

1. satman29

satman29 Junior Member

Hello All,
    I have a Boss V-plow RT3, It is set up on my 87 3/4 4x4 Chevy. Last year it worked well until the end of the season. One of the last snowfalls, the plow would raise, but would not stay in the raised position, as if the fluid was leaking and it was dropping down to the ground. In order for me to get home, I had to keep hitting the button so to raise the plow. It will stay up if I hold the toggle switch to up, but will not stay up. I have looked at the solenoid block, it isn't leaking, I also check the hydraulic oil level, and it is at the top so I topped it off. Still no avail.
    I spoke with a local hydraulic shop they thought it is an electrical issues, but they didn't look at it. My problem is to get the truck and plow to a dealer is 150- 200 miles away.

Is there any tests I can do to see what the problem is, or isolate the problem to hydraulic and or electrical.

By the way, the wings open and close fine, turn plow left and right no problem it is just the up, doesn't stay up!?

Thanks
    For looking
    Satman29tymusic

2. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

Without being able to see the system it sounds like the check valve is leaking back. The seal could be gone on the valve, or there could be some debris in the valve jamming it open. Boss has a technical site, you might want to e mail that.