1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V Plow Question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jake2333, Oct 16, 2009.

1. jake2333

jake2333 Junior Member

I am looking at buying a 1997 Dodge 3500 dump truck with a 9'2 Boss V Plow. The owner believes the plow is about 7 or 8 years old. I have never owned a boss plow and am wondering if the older V plows would be recommended by anyone. It does not appear to be worked very hard...maybe 2-3 hours per snowfall he said. Thanks for the help!
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How does the plow look? That year for some reason a lot of the moldboards rusted through. If it was maintained some what and sits straight it should be good to go. Any pixs of it?
  3. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I had a Boss RT-2 and had very few problems with it.

#1. The lift cylinders went out. The seals gave up at the end of a storm. Not that unexpected because they were 15 years old.

#2. The center puck snapped off, again it was 15 years old.

#3. It was a pain to hook up.

Other than the occasional hose, it was a pleasure. I didnt have any rust issues with mine and it was from Minnesota.