1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss v-plow question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by smokinspartan, Dec 27, 2004.

1. smokinspartan

smokinspartan Junior Member

i got a new steel boss 8.2ft power v-plow, and im new to all this. what kind of grease should i use to grease the v hinge (is it called a center pin?) . and is there a special fitting i need to feed grease inside of it? also is it okay to use like white lithuim grease in a spray can, for like hitch pins and what else should i grease/lube? i know these are basic questions, just wanna make sure im taking care of my equiment properly, any help appriecited. thanks.
  2. ToolMaker

ToolMaker Member

I used the grease that was in the gun that I use for everything else ,and it seemed to work fine . I use one of those needle points I got at NAPA and it shoots it right in the joint. I don't know if you could force that spray grease all the way around the pivot pin. Hope this helps , Steve
  3. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Chain and cable lube. it kinda foams up like the lithium spray grease but its more brown. I thought Boss had a grease zerk on thiers?