1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss v plow or snow dogg v plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Walkermowers1, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Walkermowers1

Walkermowers1 Junior Member
    from Wall NJ

I need help on choosing between the boss v plow or the snow dogg v plow stainless steel?
    The only thing thats worring me about the snow dogg plow is the weight. What is the better plow? im putting it on a 2500hd

thanks
    Bobby

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Totally depends on dealer support, how far you have to travel to get to the dealer, and what they stock as far as parts. I personally would buy the boss. They have been around longer and atleast in my area that is really the only plow in the area.

3. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

BOSS hands down at least for me anyways.

4. Walkermowers1

from Wall NJ

thanks the dealer that im looking at carrys both and thanks for your support

5. Walkermowers1

from Wall NJ

now what boss do you own im thinking the boss steel v plow and do you own a poly or steel plow and if you own steel plow do have a problem with snow sticking to it. i know western plows have a bad time with snow sticking to them

6. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

I have used the steel and wet snow sticks to it like a dog on a steak. I rode in my friends truck that had a Poly V and it threw snow like no other plow I have seen.

7. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Get the Boss, get the poly, have fun.

8. Walkermowers1

from Wall NJ

thanks for the info

9. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

I think you should ask this question on the Western forum. Of course we Boss owners are going to tell you to buy Boss...What you really need to do is go to the dealer and have them set a Snowdogg and a Boss next to each other. You be the judge as to which plow is more solidly built and looks like it will last the longest. If you can honestly say that a Snowdogg is the better plow when comparing them side by side then I say "A fool and his money are soon parted!" LOL

10. Walkermowers1

from Wall NJ

what v plow do u have? this is the proplem i have boss only the poly v xt now they dont make the regular v poly anymore. the poly v xt plow is $6700 by me a little out my price range

11. kurtandshan

I have an 8.2 Vxt Steel, only because that's what I found used. Took me awhile to find the right one(best price, best deal). Didn't matter whether it was poly or steel, standard or Vxt.
    After owning a Western Unimount, the smarthitch2 is all the selling point I need, the rest of the plow is gravy! good luck on you choice and like it was said before, have fun!

12. Walkermowers1

from Wall NJ

how do you like the steel v xt and do you have a problem with snow sticking to it and how much was your plow

13. kurtandshan

I've never had a poly, so I don't have anything to compare to. Snow does sticks little but nothing I can't live with. I got mine for under well under $5000 installed. It was a season and a half old private use only, stored inside and washed after every use and never left the guys yard so never saw salt.

14. kurtandshan

it really throws the snow. Only had two plowable events so far though. Smarttouch is awesome.