1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V Plow on ebay

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by lodogg89, Jan 9, 2007.

1. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-...tegoryZ63688QQihZ011QQitemZ320069395112QQrdZ1

Ive been watching this plow for a couple of days and ive bid a couple of times, its funny though, everytime i bid, someone named bidder 1 or bidder 8 always outbids me. Now if that name isnt strange enough, i went and looked into the history of these bidders. They have onny been bidding on this item. Nice job running a fair auction, when you keep jacking up the price yourself. I contacted ebay, they let me know that they would take care of it. I thought about contacting this guy as well. How shady is that.

2. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

I had a similar experience with ebay. I thought it es odd also but just figured that was how it worked. Good luck with the truth.

3. bryanj23

bryanj23 Senior Member

Actually, if you look at the bidding history every bidder has been assigned a number rather than their user name. New eBay thing to keep bids anonymous? Looks like your report to eBay must've done something though, bidder 1 has been bidding on everything under the sun in the last hour!

4. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

i contacted ebay, didnt tell them who or what it was, just asked if that was legal and she said no, actually its a serious crime, and they will also prosecute. She called it Shill Bidding.

5. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

You must not have been clear to ebay! Because it's true they have a new system to keep bidder info hidden from other bidders I notice that all the time now. It's normal

6. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

yea, i notice the same thing, i said to the lady exactly what i told you and she was like ohhh noooooo, oh well,

7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Its their new system, this was taken right from that auction...
    As the internet evolves, eBay continues to strike a balance between preserving transparency and protecting our Community of members. eBay has decided to change how bid history information is displayed so bad guys cannot target bidders with fake offers using this information. In certain cases, some bidders will no longer be able to view Bidder User IDs on the Bid History page. Your User ID will be shown only to you and the seller of the item you're bidding on. Other members will see an anonymous name, such as Bidder 1, applied consistently to the Bid History page.

8. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

As the internet evolves, eBay continues to strike a balance between preserving transparency and protecting our Community of members. eBay has decided to change how bid history information is displayed so bad guys cannot target bidders with fake offers using this information. In certain cases, some bidders will no longer be able to view Bidder User IDs on the Bid History page. Your User ID will be shown only to you and the seller of the item you're bidding on. Other members will see an anonymous name, such as Bidder 1, applied consistently to the Bid History page.

it under # of bids

9. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

This starts when the bid reaches $200 anything under that you can see the bidder
    Changed a little over a month ago I dont like it

10. mojob

mojob Member

If you really want the idem, just wait until the last second of the auction to make your first bid and bid the maximum that you'd be willing to pay. If you get it, great, if not, someone else wanted it more. This will keep the ahole's friends from jacking the bid up.

11. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

12. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

Alot of sellers hate snipers!
    But as a buyer I love sniping auctions, as a seller I also love snipers.
    Because every bid raise's the price.
    As a buyer I dont like that program as It is more compition for me, I usally dont bid until the last 2 or 3 seconds of the auction and I bid everything I'm willing to pay for it.
    most of the time I win.
    Because alot of people will just raise there bid a few dollars, but if you want it bid what your willing to pay.

13. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

I can see how some would hate it, I have about 50% success rate with it. I just wasn't willing to pay the cost. I miss going to real live auctions, it's easier to read what it's gonna go for.

14. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Thats where i got my plow. All I did was call them up and ask if they can sell it to me for "X" amout and they said yes. I paid $3830 for a full 8.2 V completelly assembled. That company is AWESOME to deal with, I garuntee that. Tracey and Jesse are who I talked to over there. Best cust service period. call them its right on thier auction.

15. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

They are about an hour hour and a half straight north of me. They sell plows on there year round.

Will

16. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

they do well by it. Tracey showed her thick book of past sales reciepts and they are making bank! Must be nice. They are selling plows and its hardly even snowed yet. But if you ever need a plow, call them, they are great to deal with. Id give them 3 thumbs up but i only have two...