1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V Plow on a lifted Truck

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BigDawg99, Jan 31, 2014.

1. BigDawg99

BigDawg99 Junior Member

i just inherited a Boss Vplow from my inlaws and it goes on my 06 Ram 2500..My truck however has a 2.5 inch lift in the front and 2.5 inch lift in the back..i am Running 35 x 17 inch BFG All Terrain Tires..i dont want to drop my truck or Purchase another set of 800 dollar Tires..do they make a drop down Bracket for said Plow or truck...my plow dont sit very level to the ground and bows forward when plowing on non paved driveways..
  2. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Are you maxed out on adjustment on the push beam?

Some guys have plates drilled at a fab shop to drop the push beam further
  3. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

My 2010 2500 cummins has a 2" front level on 35s, and the bracket is adjusted as far down as it can go. It sits perfect when hooked up. You may be ok.
  4. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 1996 1500 with a 2" lift BOSS fits it without modification.
    A 2001 2500 with a 8" lift (others say not 8" but whatever, it is) it has lots of modifications to the plow frame. Arms that go back an up are made longer. Push beam is lowered and a second beam add above the push beam.

Ok the pictures are to big and take up the whole page, just go here if you would like to see them.

go down on the page.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014