1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V- Plow on a Chevy Duramax

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dakotaplowboy, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Dakotaplowboy

Dakotaplowboy Member

I just installed the mount on my truck for a Boss. I have an 05 Duramax 2500hd Crew cab. Seems like the mount is really close to the ground. I think I might need a lift on the truck and bigger tires. First plan is to turn the torsion bars up a few turns. What do you guys do?
    I have decided on the 8'2" V. I plan to put on the wings that can give me another 22" when I need it.
    I am going to the Boss from a Western. What else should I expect or maybe need to do? Any suggestions?

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Mesure the hight of the plow frame.
    Then go to boss web site and see what the recomened hight is.

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

x2. Mine isn't very close to the ground. You have to have the right height or it will be a problem to hook up and your blade won't be level.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You need 15 1/2" to the top pin holes. Usually a torsion bar adjustment will get you where you need to be...

5. Dakotaplowboy

Dakotaplowboy Member

B&B
    Thanks for the info. Measured it today, I see I need to move the mount up as high as I can. That will put me with in an inch to an inch and a half. Turn the torrsion bars and I set. Thanks.