1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V-Plow Not working...

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by TWrench, Nov 12, 2014.

1. TWrench

TWrench Junior Member

Hey guys- I have a Boss RT3 8'2" Poly V (unknown age) w/ smarthitch2 on my 2012 Ford Super Duty w the 6.7. Although the plow is older- it has always worked flawlessly. Recently the truck was in an accident and had some body work done. When I went to hook it up today- I couldn't get it attach itself to the truck. The remote lights up, goes into float mode like it's supposed to but when I plug everything it- I get nothing at the plow. Later in the garage- I checked all connections and everything looks good. When I jump the power to the white wires on the main solenoid- I hear it click. When I hit the up and wing out buttons, the solenoid clicks. I just can't get it to mount onto the truck. Any ideas?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Test for power out of solenoid. Guessing bad solenoid or motor.

3. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

GUESSING a possible lift tower switch . had the same issue a few years back . you can bypass it to get er on though. i forget how to do it .

4. TWrench

TWrench Junior Member

Checked this morning w a tester and confirmed I have power coming out of the truck at all proper pins. So at least I can eliminate the truck side. Going to check the plow side after work today. Leaning toward the switch or a ground issue at the plow. Will update what I find tonight. Any other ideas- lets hear them-

5. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Mine does that every so often , main ground where it disconnects at truck was the problem . Gently spread the ground , cleaned it up , now everything is fine. Thumbs Up