1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V plow issue's

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jvm81, Jan 13, 2011.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have a few Boss V's that are now 1-2-3 yrs old. They have been great but one plow's wing - drivers side is not sitting right. It appears to not be level. The end of the wing plow is up maybe 1-2 inches on the very end where as everything else is level.

I have adjusted the skid, the middle skid shoe, etc. Nothing seems to work. The book says really nothing. Company that installed just told me for a fee they can look.

So I want or need free advice from the pro's that actually use this plow.

If the cutting bar could be adjusted, I think it would take care of it but there not and therefore something is off somewhere. Getting frustated looking things over and missing the boat on this one!

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Make sure your mount is as close to 15 1/2 inches as possible. Also where the big red center section meets the black a-frame there should be a wedge. There is a bolt on the top and you should be able to move that forward and backwards. With the plow in vee and in scoop and left and right it should be all on the ground flat. Another option I would look into is making sure the wing isn't bent. Its pretty common if you are plowing and trying to stack over a curb that over time they will bend. Could also be a bent A- frame. But If its bent that bad you'd see the cutting edges not wearing evenly.

3. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Thanks for the info. Working on that tomorrow. Nothing looks bent, cracked etc but gotta do something.

4. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

So is it possible to have a bent frame? In the V the one side is 2+ inches off the ground. Straight maybe an 1 inch, in scoop the plow actually levels out. So when in scoop and you move the plow back to V you can see the wing slowly come up and get raised.