1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V plow hieght adjustment

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by dthorson, Oct 31, 2011.

1. dthorson

dthorson Junior Member

I can only get my push bar down to 16 1/2 inches due to leveling kit on my 05F350. I was told there is a way to adjust the hieght on the actual plow itself. Could anyone give me a little direction on how to do this. Also I have the push bar mounted with one bolt hole below the hieght downon brackets, will that cause a problem?

Thanks,

Dave

2. dthorson

dthorson Junior Member

Down brackets*

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=110938

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=88814

not a problem as long as you have at least four bolts per side in it.

4. dthorson

dthorson Junior Member

Is it okay if I have the two bottom holes below flush and bolts through the top two holes on each side?

Thanks Again

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you're stating that yours look like the one in the image, it's ok. Not ideal of course but it's done all the time with no issues.

Mount 002 (Small).jpg

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I think if you go 1 hole lower than the pic B&B posted I'd add some steel to the drop down brackets and add more bolts. You'll have to weld some steel to each side and drill some holes in the steel you added, but it'd be more secure.

7. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

9. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Thanks B&B! I went to the site after I posted and found the numbers. Thumbs Up

10. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

Mine has been 2 wholes below since i bought my 04 4.5years ago and never a problem. I push large commercial and plow has seen it's fair share of 5 foot drifts 4 deer and an open man whole and still no problems. I run 15 to 20 hours a day I would not worry if i where u