1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V-plow fit on straight frame?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by watatrp, Sep 4, 2006.

1. watatrp

watatrp Senior Member

I've got a Boss 7'-6" straight plow new in 2002. Will a Boss V-plow fit on the same frame as a straight plow or do I need to have a new frame installed? The V-plow is a used approximately the same age as my straight blade.
  2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

my under standing is the frame is the same, just the controllers are different. the wiring harness has all the necessary wires to control the wings.
  3. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 Member

I bought a 9' boss straight steel plow in March for $4,000. What a deal! Anywho... When i brought it home I decided to try my Boss V on that same truck. They both work on either truck, and if the need ever arises you can use the straight blade using a V-controller. If you get more than one truck always buy the same brand of plow. IMO...

Hope this helps.