1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V-Plow center section/ wing adjustment?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by racinjason424, Oct 6, 2011.

1. racinjason424

racinjason424 Junior Member

Hey guys, just picked up a 2010 9'-2" steel V-XT this week and I noticed when on my 2500HD, the wings are off a little left-to-right.. Basically when the wings are both retracted, cylinders are both completely collapsed, the drivers side edge of the blade is about 14" to the bumper and the pass side is about 8-10" from blade edge to bumper. Looking straight down on the center section, the whold blade assemble looks like it's turned a little bit in relation to the center section - maybe 1/2" - 3/4". I know if you grab a wing and try to pull on it, the wings do move a little separately from the center section. Is there an adjustment that can be made to line the wings back up with the rest of the plow? I did a search for adustment, alignment, crooked and didnt turn up anything conclusive.. Appreciate any help. Thanks in advance, Jason.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Sounds like a bent A-frame to me. How evenly worn are the cutting edges? Its possible someone hit something with it replaced the wing and said "its good enough for who its for". There is no adjustment side to side. Just up and down where the red center section meets the A-frame. I'm willin to bet its tweaked.

3. racinjason424

racinjason424 Junior Member

Oh Chit... I hope she aint tweeked... The cutting edges look uniform, seems to set level on the ground.. I didnt notice any new parts on the 1-1/2 year old plow? wings, cutters, smarties, etc. all seem to have matching wear from side to side. I guess if there is no adjustment, it could still be tweaked?? Bummer.. Wonder if i can lean on someting and twear her back a little, or leave as is and live with it? Thanks for the quick response. Jason.

4. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

Check the trip pivot pin to make sure it isn't coming out, not allowing wing to retract. If that's ok, maybe a bent wing. I have used my backhoe curl to twist bent wings back into shape.