1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V-Plow adjustment question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Sno What, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Sno What

Sno What Member
    from CT

Hi All:
    I have a new 8'2" V plow on a 09 F350, and I don't think the thing is setup properly. Here's my issue:
    CASE 1 -- With the plow on the truck; the wings all the way back (full V);the plow in float mode, -- the center of the plow (hinge area) is not in contact with the ground, but the outer ends of the wings are.
    CASE 2 -- With the wings halfway out, so the plow is straight and parrallel with the nose of the truck: The center of the plow is in contact with the ground, but neither of the outer ends of the wings are. I can bounce it back and forth like a teeter-totter.

My installer says that's the way its supposed to be and there is nothing he can do. This is my 2nd BOSS V, and my last one didn't have this issue. Any advise, can the wings be adusted, its this thing warped, or is that really the way it is?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Drop the plow down on the ground and move forward a little and does it sit normal then?

3. Cmbrsum

Cmbrsum Senior Member

raise the mount an inch or 2. I know they say 15 1/2" and that works great for my straight blades. My v plows wear alot better with a higher mount.