1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V-Plow- 8'2" or 9'2"???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TPS Alberta, Dec 1, 2010.

1. TPS Alberta

TPS Alberta Member

I have decided on my plow. I am going with the Boss V-plow. It is getting installed monday. I need to let them know what size though. Should I go with the 8'2" or 9'2" blade? It will be installed on a 2008 F-350.

I will be plowing small-medium commercials and will also be plowing residential driveways.

I figure that I could go with the 8'2" and jsut throw on a pair of wings if need be?
  2. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

9'2" w/wings
  3. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

I had the same problem when I was buying a plow I ended up going with the 9-2 I am glad I did. I would go with the 9-2 truck will handle it fine.
  4. TPS Alberta

TPS Alberta Member

Im thinking ill jsut go with the 9'2" but if I go with the 8'2" will it be wide enough or will I be packing snow with my tires?
  5. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

If you get the 9'2, they're some drive though you won't be able to go through. So if you like to shovel or have a smaller plow or have a blower, I'd go with the 8'2 and get wings.
  6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Get the 9'2. The 8'2 should cover you though. You'll plow faster with the bigger plow, that's what it's all about.
  7. Premier

Premier Senior Member

I will agree... size does matter payuppayuppayup
  8. LaPlante's

LaPlante's Junior Member

I think it depends on your accounts. My 8' 2" barely fits through alot of my drive thru but a 9' 2" is better in the parking lots. What works for you
  9. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

That goes without saying. :salute:
  10. timberjack

timberjack Member

My vote, as you can see by what i bought, is the 9'2". But my plowing is strictly rural.

I do single lane logging road plowing for the most part, and at full angle or V, there is about 6" of width coverage for the wheel track. Could be less, i should measure it next time i mount the plow.

When i plow on a curve in the road, the rear wheels are running into the banked snow. Been thinking of getting wings, and just using the driver side, as that's the side i'd be able to watch the closest.
  11. TPS Alberta

TPS Alberta Member

Looks like im going with the 9-2. Most of my lots are small-medium commercials and my resis are all straight double car driveways.

I actually got the 9'2 for the same price as the 8'2 so cant complain lol
  12. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

Good call you wont regret your decisions happy plowing. Lets us know how ya like it after your first storm know when I went from a 8ft straight to my 9-2 I was like a kid playing with his xmas gifts
  13. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

8.2-9.9 Boss

Hey Alberta, I have one of each, 9.2 with wings on a 350 is a good match

14. TPS Alberta

TPS Alberta Member

right on, thanks for the advice boys! Ill let you know how I like it! Getting her installed on monday.... im excited to play around with this vblade!
  15. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

You and me both.