1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V or Regular blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Randy Scott, Dec 12, 2000.

1. Randy Scott

Randy Scott Senior Member

I'm going to get a plow this week and don't know if I should get a Boss V or a straight blade. Any suggestions would be appreciated.It's going on a 2000 F-350,regular cab long box,with the V-10 if that matters,and will be commercial and residential plowing.
  2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

If its your only truck or you dont have a V- already,get the V-plow no doubt about it.Sounds like a nice plow truck.
  3. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Go with the V. They make scooping so much easier. Clean-up is a breeze.

-Tim (wish I had one)

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

the v is tempting if you have residentials to do but if mainly commercial a 9 footer would be equally juicy gotta say though would lean towards straight until i actually plow with a v i worked a boss was excellent set up very fast but would want to test it out real life first
  5. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

Although we don't own any "V" plows yet, we know a couple operators that do, and they rave about them. I also trust the opinions of those on the forum here that attest to the increased productivity of a Vee. Based on that, I would get a "V" and look at either Boss or Western. Dealer location and service would be the deciding factor between the two.

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

if its your only truck- get a V

if its one of many trucks- get a V

if its used for mostly commercial- get a V

if its used for mostly residential- get a V

Trust me- after about 100 hours now this season on the new Boss V, I will NEVER go back. I had to for one night use a backup truck with a straight blade, and it was miserable!

Get a V.
  7. Randy Scott

Randy Scott Senior Member

Well, thanks for all your input gentlemen. I'm headed out the door to order the Boss V. With the lock kit for the center, or whatever they call it,the blade is only about $900 bucks more, so from what you guys have to say, it sounds like it should be worth the extra money. Thanks alot!
  8. Lazer

Lazer Senior Member

Love my new 9.2 Poly.

Wish they had a 10' V-poly.