1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss V or blizzard 810?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by MnM, Nov 3, 2005.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

I have a 05 2500 hemi. What is the more productive plow a Blizzard 810 or boss V8.2 and what can I expect to pay for either................810 installed 5200 seemed kinda high

2. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Do a search because this has been talked about several times. Comparing both plows. I like the Blizzard but JMO.. Good luck!!!:waving:

3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Oh god, here we go. They are both good plows and both have their drawbacks. I'm now waiting for all the children to start yelling get a blizzard.:rolleyes:

4. Lawnboy67

Lawnboy67 Junior Member

would never recomend anyone to buy a Blizzard.......I have had 2 and both were so bad I ended up meeting Curt " the owner" twice and have his personal cell number because fo all the problems I had with mine.

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Just so you aren't let down, buy a Blizzard. :dizzy: J/K

DO A SEARCH, PLEEEEEASE. This has been discussed ad nauseum, several thousand times.

6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

If you get a blizzard, then you'll need a BOSS V PLOW
    now chileren!!!! one at a time please...:realmad: lol

7. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

get both. you can always take one back

8. rlcmilaca

rlcmilaca Junior Member

Boss "V" 8.2 plow

Hello, we just bought a Boss V plow, yet we have a Dodge mounting bracket. We have a 2003 2500 4x4 truck to put it on. The only mounting bracket that will fit that truck is 2003 or newer! We found a used 2002 bracket yet they switched the design or ? so it will not fit our 2003. Is there a bracket kit that we can buy to make it fit our truck?

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I guess if what you say is true then I think you have answered your you question?? You need the 2003 mount..:nod:
    [COLOR="Silver[/COLOR]

10. raf

raf Junior Member

Boss V or Blizzard 810

I have done a search...endlessly and gotten nothing. Already have a BOSS V..how does it really compare to a BLIZZARD 810. Lets hear it...I am ready to buy$$$$:gunsfiring: Is there anyone who has had both and likes one over the other?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2005
  11. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

My boss has an auto shop that sells blizzard plows, but went with a 8'2" boss poly v on his new duramax because the blizzard was too wide for drivethroughs(like mcdonalds, not actually plowing but getting food lol)
    I asked him how he liked his boss compared to the blizzard and he said he likes it and how its really quick but he said overall the blizzard gets the lots done quicker.

12. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

I curently have a 8.2 power-v and it has been flawless but I have been wanting a blizzard as I have been impressed by there video and just like the idea of it for what I do.But i am know thinking of just ordering some 9.2 mold boards because the bigger size is what I am after! things to consider,Blizzard is new, not sure how reliable yet?Not a lot of dealers yet? This would not stop me from buying,BUT I don't like there headlight setup and i don,t like white plows! Boss has been around a while and proven reliable! I think any truck that can hold a 810 can hold a 9.2-V

13. zsqure

zsqure Junior Member

Same here. I run a Boss 8'2" V, I plow with a guy who has an 810 mounted on a 863 Bobcat, he can clean almost twice the amount that I can in the same amount of time. His plow is down maybe 3 times a year, mostly hoses that come loose and leak. His mechanic is a "parts changer" 'nuff said. I "knock on wood" have only had two return springs break in the last 4 seasons. Blizzard is more productive for parking lots.:cry:

14. zsqure

zsqure Junior Member

Oh yea another thing, when the Blizzard ss810 was purchased, I went to PA. to pick it up, come to find out that blizzard dealer used to be a boss dealer, and yes he does plow as well.:dizzy:

15. DIESEL PLOWGUY

DIESEL PLOWGUY Member

I have both a BLIZZARD 810 on my 04 F350 DIESEL and a 8.2 BOSS POLY V on my 06 CHEVY 2500. It all depends on what you want to do with it. Personally I will take the V plow any day of the week for driveways. It moves faster and is less cumbersome and can be V to bust throught deep frifts at the bottom of the driveway. For parking lots if it's of any decent size the BLIZZARD is alot faster. It can carrie quite a bit more snow. Blizzard hands down for parking lots. Boss for driveways and the BOSS V can stack snow so much higher than the BLIZZARD. I do think inb a parking lot a BOSS 9.2 V would be closser to the BLIZZARD but I still think the Blizzard would come out on top but not by as much. Guess it all depends what you wanna plow with it?