1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V on s-10

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jeepguy, Dec 18, 2007.

1. jeepguy

jeepguy Junior Member

I'm looking for a boss v-blade for a s-10, I know that they used to make them because i've seen 2 of them running around my area, just never get the chance to chase one down. My local boss dealer says they never made them. Any info on them would help. Thanks
  2. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

the only thing you could even be thinking of is a 7'6"V. not sure what the weight of that is, but i would think thats still too heavy for your truck.
  3. G-rott

G-rott Junior Member

Never seen one...8'2" makes my 3/4 ton squat.

The only v I've seen for smaller trucks was homemade ond on an old CJ with huge spring packs and axle up front.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

That Would Be The Last Thing I Put On A S-10. Even A Zr2! Way To Heavy! A 7'0'' Sport Poly Is What You Need!
  5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Thats absolutely crazy! No S-10 will hold even a 7'6" V! :eek:
  6. elshauno

elshauno Member

Heck ya you can customize a Dana 50 for the front the front and a Dana 60 in the rear Pull that little v6 and fit a 350 with a 4l80e tranny in there Then fully box the frame and refit heavy duty springs all around. Or just save yourself 10 grand and get a 3/4 truck and keep the s10 around as a grocery getter.
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  7. jeepguy

jeepguy Junior Member

It's only 6'6'' and about 20 inches high, its like 6'6'' meyer only a boss and v-blade. It looked to well constructed to be homemade.
  8. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

. . . . . .then use the s-10 for BALLAST!:nod:
  9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Must be a cut down V. They can be made to look nice. Just not on an S-10.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Boss doesn't make a 6'6'' v blade. The smallest one they make is a 7'6''. And the smallest straight blade is a 7 footer
  11. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

i am pretty sure they used to make a smaller v because i saw in the indiana auto and rv three weeks ago an s10 with a boss v on it. looked pretty sweet!
  12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, boss used to make a small V that was probably around 6.6ft. I looked at an s10 on ebay with a boss v last week. Another member on here posted pictuers one time and there was an s10 blazer with a little v on it in the picture.
  13. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

That'd be to funny, a 92 vee on a s10. Put some Timbrens on there, she'll work.....

I might just go buy one and mount my blade up just to cruise around town, maybe even put one of those big ole strobe light bars on the roof also....:yow!:
  14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Boss actually did make some small V's (6.6 if I remember right) for the downsized trucks way back when... I only ever saw one and I haven't seen any in a long time... until I saw the one for sale on ebay that Mark mentioned. Here's a few pics of it....

15. jeepguy

jeepguy Junior Member

do you know when they used to make them
  16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Somewhere around '90-'91..IIRC.... that's strickly from memery though...
  17. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I remember those V plows as well, there use to be a late 80's toyota around here that had a small Boss V on it.
  18. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The truck B&B posted is the one I was talking about. I think that is the second or third "mini" truck I have seen with a small boss v.
  19. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

That thing is really cool. I wonder how wide it is in the full scoop position, 4' ? Never seen one around here but most people use 3/4 or 1 ton trucks. Dont see too many 1/2 tons around let alone an S-10.
  20. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I would SOOOOOO buy one if I could find one... love my S15... POS as it may be.