1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V on 1/2 ton chevy

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by cameo89, Jan 25, 2012.

1. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Hello all, I have a 98 1/2 ton chevy with a 7'6" Boss poly with wings, apx weight is 695 lbs, I want a V blade and finding a 7'6" V is near impossible, atleast a good used one. so was thinking about a used 8'2", from what I can find the 8'2" V weights 700 and the 8'2" VXT weights 795 how accurate are these weights? I plan to upgrade front end and add timbrens and bump T-Bars up. I know most everyone will give $hi# for wanting to do this but I really need a V blade for the work I do and can't afford a 3/4 ton truck this yr.

thanks for any help

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I would upgrade the T-bars to 2500 bars and add the timberns. Then put a 8'2'' on it. Just have a auto shop do the bars. I hear that can be a awful job to do, and is very dangerous. Just my .02.

Hows the led bar workin for ya? Any updates on pics and finished product?
  3. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

the led bar is on my truck and being used, still no main flasher, I just set each module to flash and let them go random, its works good for plowing.

one of the guys I plow for has a 8'2" VXT so I think I might so some measurements with my blade then try his and see how much drop I have.
  4. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

I put my 8.2 VXT on my 02 1500 z71 (Z71 gives you the stiffest tbars stock on a 1500). Well it was just out of curiosity and it went down quite a bit, dont think I would want to run it down the roads. And after comparing the size of the control arms to my 2500 I worry enough about it handling my 7.6 straight blade

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

A 8'2" Boss V is 770lbs the VXT is 15lbs more. The 7'6"er is only 700lbs. I've seen quite a few 8'2" V's on half tons in the UP of Michigan not sure why but I have
  6. HGT INC.

HGT INC. Senior Member
    from MI.

V blade

Be very careful with a V blade n a 1500. I know a few fried transmission's using a v blade with all the extra snow you are pushing.
  7. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

true...my current blade width is 9'6" with my wings, so I can push a good amount now, just really need the V scoop for rite aids, banks and gas stations and a few apartment complexes

JOHNCTC1 Junior Member

I have a old rt1 7'6" on my 95 1500. Works awesome but I also have about 800-900lbs ballast in rear. Keep an eye on front end as it is heavy. Just plow with care and don't speed up pushing!!!