1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V not lifting up guys, please help!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TreffertLawnWrx, Nov 2, 2003.

1. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx Senior Member

Solenoid does engage I can here it click but it will not raise. So if this is a fluid related prob could someone please explain how I fill my 8'2", i.e (plow position, fluid type). The pump cap was a little loose and some fluid did escape, So I think that may be my prob. ASny help would be awesome, thanks, Scott

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

TLC, if it's the same procedure as mine, first (with plow off truck) take off fill cap and fill with fluid until the resovoir will not take any more. Then put your cap on and hook up to the plow. Next raise the plow(if it will) and move it to both sides. Then set it down and recheck the fluid. If it is low fill to the top. If it's full, your good to go.:waving:

3. TreffertLawnWrx

Thanks Boss, should I have it positioned a certain way, its in the scoop position for easy access right now. Also what kind of hydro fluid should I use? Scott

4. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

5. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Rooster summed it up with his post. I only use The Boss hydraulic fluid in my plow. Let me know if it works or if you have more problems. I've got a phone number you can call tomorrow if you'd like. It's the dealer that put my plow on.

6. TreffertLawnWrx

Thanks alot for the replies guys. I can get Western fluid locally does it matter if I topped off my Boss (if thats whats in there) with a different brand? If not, I put the plow in the V position and drain all the fluid, then fill it back up, correct? Thanks, Scott