1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V Moves But Slow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Codeman21, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Codeman21

Codeman21 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Boss V plow. Plow wouldn't move. Pump ran but plow did nothing. So i changed oil. Still won't move. I took pump/motor out apart cleaned pump checked seal, and o rings, cleaned screens. all bearings are good. put back together. Same thing won't move. So i took it apart again. Noticed the brush plate (plastic) was broken. So i put a brand new motor on it.
    NOW it moves, but very slow going up. and wings extend slow. with blade in straight position. plow won't lift itself. So i proceeded to take the manifold out. Took it completely apart. Cleaned all valves screens, checked all solenoids, pressure valves complete tear down, and put back together. SAME thing. it moves but moves slow. and won't raise up when the wings are out or even in the straight position. I know the solenoids and valves are working. Its wired correctly. I'm lost.
    Thanks for any help!:confused:

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Motor could be going.

3. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

What age is the plow?

What happens when you try to lift? Motor run but it gets nothing or is it silent?

4. Codeman21

Codeman21 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Its a brand new motor. Motor runs lifts plow very slow, like its too heavy, when wings are out. Plow won't lift. Motor runs but is under strain like its to heavy to lift it. when in v position it does go up buy very slow.
    its a 07 or 08 rt3 smart hitch 2. Has worked flawlessly until now.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Time to work backwards ,hows the battery and grounds?

6. Codeman21

Codeman21 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Does anyone know where i can purchase a brush holder and brushes for the motor? Haldex motor # 2200975. So i can repair my old motor?

7. Codeman21

Codeman21 Junior Member
    from Indiana

OK, While tinkering around with the plow recently. I found the problem. When i drained the oil, i had unscrewed the big cover that goes over the pressure adjustment. I had taken the plug out of it and the little metal piece that goes inside the valve with a spring had came out in my oil pan. When i put it back together with new oil i didn't know that it had came out. Found the piece in my jug of used oil as i was recycling the oil. I knew right away that it had went to the plow. If i had just known, or could have found a good picture diagram of the pump and motor showing this part, i would have figured it out a long time ago. There is no picture diagram in any manual that i could find showing this little metal pressure valve. I could have saved myself from purchasing a new motor.

8. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

ON the brightside, now you have a spare AND increased knowledge!:salute: