1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss v joystick

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by kchelius, Nov 15, 2010.

1. kchelius

kchelius Junior Member

I am new to the site and have a question about boss V plow joystick.

I cant find any info about how the v joystick works, and i cant find a good enough picture to see how the joystick works the plow. Can one of you explain or post a picture of the joystick so i can figure out what happens when you move the joystick.
    Right now i have the switch box and want to upgrade to either the smart touch or the joystick.

the joystick:

move forward = UP?
    move back = down?
    move at angles = ?

Help please.

2. elecblu

elecblu Member

The joystick has a button on it.push the top of the button and the blade goes up and down with the button to lower the blade. move the joystick on a forward angle to the left to move the left wing forward ...back to the right moves the right wing back ..and so forth. pretty easy to operate..just a little common sense and your off and plowing
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

4. kchelius

kchelius Junior Member

Thats what I was looking for, Thanks.
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

just be careful...the blade moves very quickly
  6. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Oh yeah it does. Not sure I'm sold on the diagonal positions for individual wing control. Too often I find myself simply hitting up instead.