1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V install on a 2500HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BrianH, Nov 15, 2008.

1. BrianH

BrianH Junior Member
    from Indiana

Does anyone out there have any pictures or recommendation on the wiring harness location on a 2008 2500 HD diesel chevy? I don't know what the engineers at gm are thinking making everything so tight under the hood.
  2. MikesLawns

MikesLawns Member

Brian how do you like plow ? I'm 90% on my way to get one in my 08 2500HD Crew Cab. Just alawys had fisher and the $ is the same, but I'm worried about the weight. Your even heavier what was your theory ?
  3. High Voltage

High Voltage Member
    from MI

I will see if I can get some pictures for you. I ran my harness from the passenger side headlight down and across Ty-wraped inside the front bumper. This way it takes up a lot of slack and you will not have any coils to tuck away. From the driver side headlight you can run it right along the existing harness passing by the fuse box and right in through the firewall. It will fit through the hole that has the smaller wire harness, just cut the grommet to fit the controller plug through. The relays I mounted right on the fuse box cover on the angled edge. This way they are secured and have easy access.
  4. BrianH

BrianH Junior Member
    from Indiana

I took this plow off of my 2000 chevy and am putting it on my 08. It worked great for 8 yrs. with no problems. I run firestone level-rite air bag front shocks, works perfect(but pricey).