1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V hinge crack

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mypolaris1, Aug 29, 2013.

1. mypolaris1

mypolaris1 Member

So I've noticed on more then one Boss V that the large bottom pad under the hinge cracks. I've seen them completly broken. This is on both the old style with the center rubber shoe and the new style cutting edge. Anybody else seeing this? One of them was on a farm only unit, no curb or manholes. Just gravel lane to plow.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Happens a lot. Its more operator abuse than the plow actually failing. But at the same point something has to give and personally I would rather it be the plow verse my truck.

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I've cracked that piece on my v plow a few times. Nothing a welder can't fix.

4. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

They all take a beating. If you never break anything, you aren't plowing much. Unfortunately, most parking lots/driveways/roads are not perfectly paved lots. Most have problems, whether it be rocks, curbs, holes, manhole covers, and many other obstacles that you just can't see. It's not necessarily operator abuse, it's just part of the industry.

5. TJSNOW

TJSNOW Senior Member

What???...Don't let 2cor or Dfd9 hear this or they will get upset...:waving:...:dizzy:...:drinkup:

6. bb45

bb45 Member
    from waverly

There is a part number for a weld in lug to repair this spot from boss but our local dealer cant seem to find anything. We had a local shop waterjet 10 for us last winter. Seems to be another week spot.