1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V-From an 05 GM 3500 to an 07 2500

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Four Seasons, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Four Seasons

Four Seasons Senior Member

How hard will it be? Would the whole truck side be no good to me?

2. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

I'm no expert, but i'm guessing it would match right up. And in your case, i hope i'm right!

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is the '07 a classic or new body style? If it's a classic it'll all go right on. If it's a new body then you need a different set of headlight adapters and everything that makes up the mount except the main push beam.

4. Four Seasons

this is the new style

how much should i have to spend?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A new mount and headlight adapters will run you somewhere around $600-$700 or so. But your old mount and adapters has about half that in resell value to help offset the new purchase cost.

6. Four Seasons

the plow is an 06 with new style headlights. Does that help?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Plow side doesn't matter so my previous info is still in effect. :waving:

8. Four Seasons

thanks. Im reading that the mounts are the same after 03. Could that be right?

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

This confuses some with the mounts for the GM's but the cliff notes are...

An LTA04767 mount will fit all classic bodies, however when the new body's were released Boss slighty modified the mount to push it forward to clear the new body's protruding front bumper and in doing so revised not only the mount but the mount part #. Making the previous LTA04767 an LTA04767B and thus it covers all body style's '99 to current This was in '07, so if your mount was purchased new previous to then you won't have the revised "B" mount and thus not the correct bracketry for the new body style. And without an LTA04767 and an LTA04767B side by side for reference they're not easily distinguishable.

10. Four Seasons

thanks for all your help.