1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V Filler Tube Broke Off

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by sawtooth, Mar 8, 2014.

1. sawtooth

sawtooth Junior Member

Boss V Blade 8' about 7 years old.....I broke off and lost the 90 degree filler tube and cap. I haven't looked inside the cover yet but am wondering if the Reservoir and filler are one piece and easy to replace.... I couldn't find a picture showing this detail. Won't have much more snow and might temp just fill it up and plug it with something. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Michael

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

You should be able to use a hyd elbow from a parts store or tractor dealer.
    It's probably a 1/4" or 3/8" NPT or you can just order a OEM replacement.
    BTW the Boss web is a great resource for stuff like this in the Tech Support section.Thumbs Up

filler neck.png

3. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Filler neck is a threaded plastic elbow. Replace it with a plastic elbow. I have seen a metal elbow put in then been hit/stepped on causing the res to crack. Much easier to replace a plastic elbow in a storm over a res.

4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I lost a filler cap last week. The elbow and filler cap come as one unit now at my "new" dealer it was $3.99 CDN. for both.

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

The res is plastic too?

6. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Res is metal but you get some good leverage against the welds and mounting if you have a metal filler tube. Res metal not super thick, nor does it need to be.

7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Having a cheap fitting fail verses a cracked res, I'll take the fitting.
    As a quick temporary repair hyd fittings would suffice, just have to remember switching them out.Thumbs Up

8. NAC

NAC Senior Member

Broke mine twice this year. Make sure you check the bolts holding the pump to the frame. Mine was missing one and the other was loose.