1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V failure

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by leigh, Apr 13, 2011.

1. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Has anyone else have this happen? Boss poly V. 2years old. Dealer checking to see if it is covered under warranty

173.jpg

2. Dewey

Dewey Senior Member

Yup..... I welded the crack and put a patch over seems to be ok now...

3. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Yes on my first vee that I bought back in 04. Did the same thing welded it back together and haven't had an issue since.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How hard did you hit your head ?

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

++++1 and what happened? how hard did you hit something? I have seen this many times before. Doubtful boss will cover it. A new wing will run ya about 1,200 bucks.

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Honestly guys, and I'm not knocking Boss plows, but I have seen a LOT of this. Same spot almost everytime. Usually welding them back or patching works, but the more heavily abused ones just keep tearing apart worse and worse everytime.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I've hit a lot of stuff with mine and no breaks so far,but I don't plow a lot in the v position.

8. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

It's my friends plow. I don't think it was a single hit. One of his condo's has a lot of speed
    bumps. I hit one in my skid and almost knocked myself out,my door opened abit and got jammed by the bucket raising a couple inches.The cab raised just enough so safety bar wouldn't let the foot controls work. Took me10 mins to figure out what had happened.
    Thought i'd have to climb through rear window!(bobcat) I'm 6'4" 225 ,old and tired! My friend has run boss v's for years and never had this problem with his all steel plows.Plus it was one of his workers who plowed the most with it. Maybe a tad to aggressive?

9. Onebadbowtie86

Onebadbowtie86 Senior Member

Mine has been cracked up there a couple times. I ground it all out and welded it up this spring.

10. OMGWTFBBQ

OMGWTFBBQ Member

I bumped my controller once on mine driving down a road, and it struck a railroad track at about 35mph. Did something similar to the wing and it also broke a part of my cutting edge off.