1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss v DXT cutting edge ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by vmj, Nov 12, 2015.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I still have the temporary cutting edges that came on the plow new.. They don't look like they need to be replaced yet... Is there a wear pont that I should be looking at..? Thanks

2. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I'd leave at least 1" of metal below the hole

3. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Thank you..

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Whats a temp cutting edge? Burn it down to the backside where the bolts are.

5. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

lol looked at it today... thought it was all the way across its the center snow catcher plates......

6. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

You need to replace it before the trip edge springs start hitting the pavement.

7. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Don't know much about Boss, but on my plow when it gets close to the mounting bolts I replace it.

8. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Boss is weird. The original cutting edge on the dxt is attached to the trip springs. Once you wear it down you attach your replacement edge to the original one