1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss v doesnt retract after sitting all summer

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by grosser397, Aug 12, 2009.

1. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

hey guys my rt3 boss power v doesnt wanna retract all the way back after u put it in the scoop position, if i push againt a tree it comes back in so i think its rusted up

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Have you ever greased your centre hinge?

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Is the spring broke?

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I think you mean broken. LOL

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

No, I mean broke...as in, how your legs are going to be the next time you try to correct me.

:waving:

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Grease it up and have someone work the controller and pull the wing back and forth.

Watch out JD,Roy will bring his army of old folks to take care of you!wesport

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I will watch my back.:drinkup:

8. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

did you forget to re-tighten the return springs after you put it back into service?

9. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

yes i re tightened my springs and lubed the center hinge using wd40 spraying it with the straw into those holes on the hinge. did this a couple times and let it sit for a day or two hooked it back up and it worked for a few times then went right back to doing it. should i take the main pin out?

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Grease grease grease...NOT WD-40. We're not working on a storm door hinge.

11. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

Should I pull the main hinge pin to grease it? This is my first v plow I have owned so let me know any other tips as far as matenaice goes

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No need to pull it. Use a needle adapter in your grease gun to inject the grease into each of the provided holes on the the wing attaching eyes.

Do a few searches here in the Boss forum as well as the truck & equipment repair forum as there's plenty of Boss specific (as well as general) maintenance tips to help you out.

13. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

yeah grease it up, white lithium greese at the least... you guys and leaving plows outdoors all year until winter lol. not that it cant happen indoors.. let us know what you find.