1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V dead

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by redhenny16, Dec 18, 2008.

1. redhenny16

redhenny16 Senior Member

So I was going to hook my Boss V up the other night to get ready for the third plowing of the season and to my surprise when I flipped the hand held controller on it did nothing. Pulled into the plow and hooked up the outside connections (just in case my controller wasn't lighting up) and of coarse nothing happened when I hit the raise switch. This is my 6th season with this plow and it has never let me down before. With 4 inches on the ground already I was getting a little nervous so I pulled the truck back into my garage and tried my spare joystick controller that I bought as a backup just in case. Well you guessed it, still nothing. Off to the computer to print off some schematics from the Boss website. Turned out to be a very brittle inline fuse holder that had broken and cut power to pin 30 at relay 1. I cut the broken fuse holder out and temporarily connected the circuit. My point here is that if your Boss is more than a couple of seasons old check your inline fuse holder to see if it is getting brittle. The end just broke out of mine and allowed the spring loaded wire to fall out. I am also now carrying the schematics and some electrical tools.

DSCF5007.jpg

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Had the same fuse setup on mine.2yrs ago when I took in in for service they changed it to a different fuse setup.

3. eschmandt66

eschmandt66 Junior Member

Fuses

I bought my V used this year the gentleman that i bought it from told me to change that and all other fuses to the blade style fuse holder. His service tech told him that was what boss was doing know