1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss v controller

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by plowguy43, Oct 12, 2011.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey Guys, a long time Fisher owner now looking at a few different plows including the Boss Power V and Snowdogg VX. Not looking for opinions on the plows really as I've read a lot about all of them. My concern is the controller for the functions. On my EZV I just sold and the Extreme V there are buttons for scoop and vee and seperate buttons for each wing and then lift/angle.

My question is do you need to push 2 buttons on the controller to angle the plow as a straight blade? My truck is a manual and this will be cumbersome

2. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

to angle left and right you just press both bottons on the left or right it is very easy you should be able to shift and run the plow with the same hand

3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

A word of caution On Boss Vplows since the return wing is operated by spring the two wings will NOT move at the same rate. especially if you are pushing snow and want to angle the plow. the side moving back will SLAM back as you have the spring AND the force of the snow pushing the wing back.

I find it a PIA to adjust the plow angle while plowing

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

For scoop and vee you can push the top 2 buttons at the same time for scoop and vise versa for vee with the 2 bottom buttons. Angling you will have to push the one lower corner for which wing you want back and the opposite upper corner button for which wing you want out. Kind of a pain but once you get used to it you do it in your sleep. Its a feel thing honestly. Just make sure to lift your finger off the pad each time you want to push a button. I've seen a lot of guys drag their thumbs across them and tear the rubber membrians over time so its a good idea to keep a spare one of those for the control just incase you were to tear it you aren't SOL at 3 am when nothings open.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You've been running a Boss handheld for how long now Ryan? Here's a tip, you've been doing it wrong all along. :waving:

But don't feel singled out, many guys don't realize the easy and "engineered in" way to make it work like pressing a single button. Next time try both buttons on the same side to angle. You'll notice your thumb lays nicely across both buttons making them seem as one as the wings happily obey your one thumb angle command- just like a handheld with one button left and right angle. :salute:

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I actually don't have one I have a joystick. I ment it as how you said it but it didn't come out that way. It sounded right in my head.

7. plowguy43

B&B that's what I needed to know. Everything I could find was vague and Fishers Video made it look like what RB was saying.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Page 17 and 18 here shows the controller functions and features Bob. Guess it's something DD hopes you don't find. :jester:

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sometimes things do get skewed somewhere between the noggin and the keyboard Ryan. Been there. :nod:

10. plowguy43

Beautiful. Are there any install instructions online (I have searched the boss website yet) so I can see how this goes on my truck? I'm just wondering if there are any holes in my frame that will need to be drilled (on top of whatever was needed on the Fisher push plates). I just don't want swiss cheese for my frame horns.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Only one hole you may need to add after the Fisher plates are removed. Some trucks already have it but your '99 may not. Mount install