1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss V controller on straight blade

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mrwolf, Dec 16, 2011.

1. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

I have a boss V controller as a spare but a 7.5 super duty blade (both are RT3) before I plug it in anybody know if it will hurt anything? Will it even work?

If not I guess I got one I will trade for a straight blade controller (Not joystick please!)

Z

2. I will gladly change with you for your vee controler I have a stright sitting on the desk.

3. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Yes the V controller will work on a straight blade.
    But you CANT uses a Straight Blade Controller on a V

Wont hurt it at all

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can, in that it will operate it exactly like a straight blade, ie no independent wing control but full function angle left/right lift and lower. Handy to know in a pinch.

5. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

oh i stand corrected! lol
    good to know!

6. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

No one mentioned, if you use a V controller on a Straight, the buttons are opposite. Right is left & left is right. But you'll get used to it quick.....

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Hold both the buttons and it goes the way you want (ex. hold both the left buttons and it goes left vs only hold one and it goes right).

Anyone know if a v blade joystick will work on a straight blade? I've used v blade handhelds on a straight blade but never a joystick.

8. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Thanks for the heads up, thats the last time I listen to their BS......:realmad: